Benefits of using personalized videos as part of your marketing strategy
- Videos extend the amount of time a lead spends on a page.
- Videos increase their attention on a product.
- There is a reason 51.9% of marketers consider video as having one of the best ROI.
- According to Forrester, personalized videos can help increase CTRs by 985%.
How can you make personalized videos from a spreadsheet?
What kind of personalized videos can you make with this Zap? Here you’ll find a few ideas:
- Send personalized videos in your email campaigns in order to better connect with your customers.
- Automatically make a video for every product you sell to drive sales conversions.
- Accelerate customer engagement with data personalization within your videos.
Zapier video tutorial to make personalized videos from a spreadsheet
By doing this, when a row is added in a specific Google Spreadsheet, Sezion will automatically make a video containing the information from the chosen columns.
The Zapier concepts you need to learn
What are triggers and actions:
Triggers and actions are simply events. They can be things like a “new post” or a “new comment”. A Zap combines triggers and actions — whenever the trigger event occurs, Zapier automatically completes the action for you.
Google Docs Google Sheets Triggers:
- New Worksheet: Triggered when you create a new worksheet in a spreadsheet.
- New Spreadsheet: Triggered when you create a new spreadsheet.
- New Spreadsheet Row: Triggered when a new row is added to the bottom of a spreadsheet.
- New Document: Triggers when you create a new document.
- Updated Spreadsheet Row: Triggered when a new row is added or modified in a spreadsheet.
Create Video: Creates a new video with the data sent by the trigger.
Automated video creation with Sezion and Zapier: personalized video example combining
Google Docs Google Sheets Triggers with Sezion Action
When Zapier combines
Google Docs Google Sheets and Sezion, Sezion instantly makes a video. Within your Sezion account you can choose where you want that video to be uploaded. The common choice is YouTube (it’s really easy to add your YouTube Channel to your Sezion account), but with Sezion’s API you can send the generated videos to any video hosting provider.
This is an examples of a personalized video created with Sezion’s integration with Zapier, with inputs or data coming from a
Google Docs Google Sheets:
What information Zapier asks to make videos from spreadsheets?
First, you’ll need to connect your
Google Docs Google Sheets and Sezion account to Zapier. Learn how to connect your Sezion account to Zapier.
Once you’ve done that, it depends on every trigger, but it is really easy to set up. Here you’ll find the Zap Google Docs New Spreadsheet Row to Sezion Create Video, but you can create your own. If you want to make a video for every new row within a spreadsheet from Google Docs, then Zapier will ask you to choose the following information:
Google Docs Google Sheets Triggers:
Only trigger a “New Spreadsheet Row” from Google Sheets when…
- Spreadsheet (required).
- Worksheet (required): You *must* have column headers and at least one entry in your spreadsheet to view the available fields below. See here for more information.
- Add filters based on other Google Docs fields to only allow some items.
Match up Google Sheets Row to Sezion Video
The Sezion Video Template which will be used to create the video. You’ll see a list with your video templates. Depending on the template you choose, Zapier will automatically show you the Dynamic Media from Sezion that every template has.
Dynamic Media within Sezion are the different elements (texts, images, audios, videos) in a template that are variable and can be different in every final video. That’s what makes a video personalized. In this case, the inputs or data coming from Google Sheets (for example: a product name, image URL or clients name), that will be shown in the final generated video. Learn how to use, install and create a Sezion Video Template.
Video Title (optional):
The title for the video. Zapier gives you the option to insert a field coming from your Google Sheets. You can combines those fields with typed text. For example: Mike (“name” column in the worksheet), 2015 is a year full of challenges (typed text).
Video Description (optional):
Any information that will appear as a description for the video. As with the Video Title, Zapier gives you the option to insert one or several fields coming from Google Sheets. You can also combine fields from the worksheet and typed text.
We wrote an article about how to write effective YouTube description to improve SEO, so we got your back :-). Good video descriptions help your viewers understand what they’ll be watching and it gives search engines an overview of the video.
Dynamic Media (required):
Every personalized video generated with Sezion has Dynamic media. Dynamic Media helps you create a batch of unique videos featuring text from a new spreadsheet row, CRM contact or WordPress post. If it’s an image, video or audio it has to be a URL. In the video example I only used one Dynamic Media: the name field from the spreadsheet, using the “insert field” option mentioned before.
Start using this Zap now, it’s free!
- Create a free Sezion account.
- Create a free Zapier free account.
- Create your first zap with Sezion.
- You’ll find Sezion in the “Action” site. You can now automatically generate videos based on real time data from Google Sheets.