Video for SEO

Customer acquisition relies mostly on one thing: Search Engine Optimization (SEO). If no one sees your product or website, then no one will buy it. Making your site easier to find increases your chances of customer acquisition. Video is one major way to improve your SEO.

image

Just by having a video, you are 53 times more likely to show up on the first page of Google search results according to Forrester. This is because although there are 48 hours uploaded to YouTube every minute, there is still far less competition for videos then written articles. Given that 75% of people never scroll past the first page of Google search results according to Marta Kagan, getting that first page spot is crucial.

Not only does video have more of a chance of showing up on the first page, it also has a 41% higher click through rate than plain text according to aimClear’s Manny Rivas. The more people who click on your site the more likely you are to get more sales. To have the highest click through rate possible focus on having a good thumbnail for your video as well as having key words in your title and description underneath it.

Video also has the highest chance of being shared on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook. In fact it is 12 times more likely to be shared than text and links combined. This will increase your videos exposure and lead to more links to your page which increases your Google search result placement.

Even with a video it can be hard to get to the first page of Google. This might be due to a few things that are easy to fix. First off, Google sometimes has a hard time telling what a video is about. This means they can´t connect you to people who want the information you are presenting. The easiest way to fix this is to include a transcript in your description or below your video. This will also increase customer engagement for they can follow along while you are talking and can easily clarify your words or take quotes away from the video.

image

Another way to improve your SEO is to post on YouTube. The downside of this is the link leads to YouTube, a third party site, instead of your site, but Google favors YouTube in search results. After Google bought YouTube, Google started promoting YouTube´s videos more than other sites. In fact around 80% of videos shown in Google search results are YouTube and the remaining 20% are mostly from sites like Vimeo.

Now that you know video is one of the best ways to improve your SEO, go out, make one, and remember Sezion can help you make hundreds of videos automatically in a fast, scalable, and simple way. Not only will you save a lot of money with our SaaS solution, but you will also be able to use each and every one of those videos as SEO tools to promote your products or generate new, fresh videos from user generated content. Get started for FREE or get your FREE Consultation and Demo!

Get your FREE demo: build online video experiences